Re: Install two different versions of postgres which should run in parallel - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gerardo Herzig
Subject Re: Install two different versions of postgres which should run in parallel
Date
List pgsql-sql
Loredana Curugiu wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I need to have two different vesions of postgres running in parallel on
>different ports. Does anyone knows how to install two different versions
>of postgres (7.4.5 and 8.2.4) on the same computer? I am using Linux
>operating system.
>
>Any information would greatly be appreciated.
>
>Loredana

Shure. You just have to take care about --prefix (executable path) and
--with-pgport (default port) when you ./configure, and also take care of
the datadir you chose when executing initdb.

Good luck.
Gerardo