Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
>>> *sigh*
>>>
>>> Doesn't this suggest we do have mass to prevent vandalism/mischief ?
>> It means we knuckled down and cleaned up a mess that other volunteers left
>> behind, not that we want more to look after.
>>

> Geez Dave, you seem awefully bitter about this (And given I've cleaned up
> plenty of spam/junk in our website, sometimes 100+ at a time, and it
> generally involves nothing more than a few sql commands, I'm not sure why)
>
> But in any case, none of that stuff propogated out to the main website, which
> was the whole point of this; keeping vandalism/mischief out of public view. I
> think were capable of accomplishing that (though I guess you think it we're
> much closer to the edge...)

Actually, it did propagate out to the main website, because this was
back when the comment moderation was done after it was already
published. (or rather - the comments were added at that time, but the
cleanup was done after it was changed). The change to pre-moderation
made a lot of difference, and without it the cleanup wouldn't really
have been worthwhile.

//Magnus