Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date
List pgsql-www

Not at all.

> (And given I've cleaned up
> plenty of spam/junk in our website, sometimes 100+ at a time, and it
> generally involves nothing more than a few sql commands, I'm not sure why)

If it's from the same batch, then yes, you can often do this.

> But in any case, none of that stuff propogated out to the main website, which
> was the whole point of this; keeping vandalism/mischief out of public view.

See Magnus' comment... Not that I think that's the point.

> think were capable of accomplishing that (though I guess you think it we're
> much closer to the edge...)

All too often new volunteers fail to keep interest. Virtually all website moderation is done by the same 4 or so
people,all of whom are very longterm contributors and have been doing it for years.

I for one don't mind doing the moderation work, but I 'm wary of new ideas which may eventually become part of that
workif the initial folks lose interest. I don't think that's unreasonable.

/D