Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:
>>> As discussed at the first meeting of what will become the European
>>> PostgreSQL Users Group after pgDay in Prato, we now have a mailing
>>> list setup at pgsql-eu-general@postgresql.org.
>>>
>>> This is for the European users group, so is not really intended as a
>>> technical list but as a place to discuss events, advocacy and other
>>> topics relevant to our work in Europe.
>>
>> If it's not a general list, why did you name it "general"?  That will
>> certainly cause confusion.  It sounds like -eu-advocacy might have
>> been better.
>
> +1 -eu-advocacy seems to make more sense.

With all due repect JD, you were not at the meeting at which this was
discussed and are presumably unaware that we discussed more than just
'advocacy'. I expect there to be 3 or 4 -eu lists eventually, one of
which may well be -advocacy.

But for now, I was asked to arrange a general mailing list, which I have
done.

Regards, Dave.