Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list
List pgsql-general
On Monday 30 July 2007 03:47, Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> >> If it's not a general list, why did you name it "general"?  That will
> >> certainly cause confusion.  It sounds like -eu-advocacy might have
> >> been better.
> >
> > +1 -eu-advocacy seems to make more sense.
>
> With all due repect JD, you were not at the meeting at which this was
> discussed and are presumably unaware that we discussed more than just
> 'advocacy'. I expect there to be 3 or 4 -eu lists eventually, one of
> which may well be -advocacy.

*shrug*  I wasn't there either, but seems all the emails I have seen reffered
to it as the "European PostgreSQL Users Group", so I expected it to look more
like other users groups, ie. eupug@postgresql.org.

> But for now, I was asked to arrange a general mailing list, which I have
> done.

Except we already had a general european mailing list, so I'm really not clear
on what the above is meant for accomplishing.

--
Robert Treat