Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] European users mailing list
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:

>>> If it's not a general list, why did you name it "general"?  That will
>>> certainly cause confusion.  It sounds like -eu-advocacy might have
>>> been better.
>> +1 -eu-advocacy seems to make more sense.
>
> With all due repect JD, you were not at the meeting at which this was
> discussed and are presumably unaware that we discussed more than just
> 'advocacy'.

Fair enough, at least from my perspective it seems odd to have -general
because we have pgsql-general and the immediate reaction is going to be,
oh I am in EU and have general technical questions.

*shrug* if it has all been worked out, so be it. I just think it will be
confusing.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/