Re: BUG #3493: Cannot find data with = operator - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michał Niklas
Subject Re: BUG #3493: Cannot find data with = operator
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Michal Niklas wrote:
>

>> isof_customer=# insert into customers (name) values ('KIOSK ');
>> INSERT 437819002 1
>> isof_customer=# select id,name from customers where name='KIOSK ';
>>  id | name
>> ---------------+------------------
>> (0 rows)
>>
>> isof_customer=# select id,name from customers where name like 'KIOSK ';
>>  id | name
>> ---------------+------------------
>>         218856 | KIOSK
>> (1 row)
>>

> What's the type of the name column?  Please be specific.

It is varchar.

I'm sorry I didn't reported data structure.  This table has many columns
and indexes,
and there is fragment of sql to create this table:

create table "customers" ( "id" serial, "customer" varchar(254) default '', -- other columns Constraint
"customers_pkey"Primary Key ("id")
);

create index customer_idx on customers (customer);
-- other indexes

--
Regards,
Michal Niklas