Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Date
List pgsql-performance
sorry..

The are solaris mutex locks used by the postgresql process.

What its saying is that there are holds/waits in trying to get locks
which are locked at Solaris user library levels called from the
postgresql functions:
For example both the following functions are hitting on the same mutex
lock  0x10059e280  in Solaris Library call:
postgres`AllocSetDelete+0x98
postgres`AllocSetAlloc+0x1c4

I need to enable the DTrace probes on my builds

-Jignesh