Database design : international postal address - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Lavoie
Subject Database design : international postal address
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello guys,

I am currently designing a database which has several tables (e.g. a
Customer table) which include address information such as street
address, city, state, country code, and zip code, and phone number
information in
each record.  We need to make the schema for these tables sufficient to
accomodate entries for international customers.

I figured someone else reading this may have developed a database with
similar international concerns and have some suggestions that would help
us avoid any pitfalls as we move forward.
Is a standard for international addresses exists in the case of database
design? in representation?

I want to be rock solid....

Any suggestions/help is appreciated! Thanks!!