Re: Need help with autoconf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Need help with autoconf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm simply using
>> AC_CHECK_FUNC([krb5_free_unparsed_name])
>> which works fine on unix, but breaks on win32. Because autoconf tries the
>> function with no parameters, which doesn't work due to win32 decorations.
>
> Doesn't work why?  We have dozens of other functions we check for
> without needing any special windoze hacks.  Is it a macro?

No, it actually depends on how the library is compiled. Functions can
either be exported decorated or not. This one is exported decorated.
Also, if it just checks for a function with zero arguments, decorated
and non-decorated look the same.

//magnus