Re: 2PC-induced lockup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: 2PC-induced lockup
Date
Re: 2PC-induced lockup  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Chris Browne wrote:
> If one locks certain vital system resources, as part of that PREPAREd
> transaction, that evidently causes some problems, alas...
>
> The right resolution to this is not, a priori, evident yet.

It's not? I agree with Tom here; this is just one of the numerous things
you can do to screw up your database as a superuser. Why would you LOCK
the pg_auth table, or any other system table for that matter, in the
first place? Let alone in a distributed transaction.

FWIW, deleting the files from pg_twophase is safe when the system is
shut down.