Another date / time question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vanole, Mike
Subject Another date / time question
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm trying to query two timestamp(0) columns to determine elapsed time. I use the age() function which works fine, but I want to return the information in MINUTES.

So...

sel age(endtime, starttime)  returns 02:23:00, for example, or 2 days 03:05:03.

How can I get this to return 143 or 3065.nn - by my examples above - without parsing and substringing or extracting? Is there a clean way to "cast" this to minutes?

Thank you,
Mike