replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mary Anderson
Subject replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database
Date
Re: replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database  (Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi list,
    I have been asked if it is possible to asynchronously replicate a
postgresql database to ms-sql.  My answer is yes, provided postgresql
ORM features aren't used in the design of the database.  One does an
ascii dump of the tables and then bulk loads them into MSSQL.  The
database in question will be about 10G.  Is there a sane way to do this?
I am hoping the slony can be instructed to produce an ascii transaction
log which can then be massaged and applied to the MS-SQL database.
(This is a database of population statistics which is relatively static.
It will be read only on the ms-sql node)

     I think it is much better to have both databases running postgres,
by the way.

mary anderson