Re: Compile error with MSVC - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Compile error with MSVC
Date
List pgsql-patches
Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile using Visual C++ 2005. But I got the following
> errors.
>
>   .\src\backend\parser\keywords.c(22) : fatal error C1083: 'parser/parse.h': No such file or directory
>
> I saw src/tools/msvc/pgbison.bat. Why does it copy
> src/backend/parser/parser.h to src/include/parser directory?

<snip>
While your solution may be correct (I don't recall offhand how, but it
doesn't seem off the chart), I don't see how it can help you in this
case. Since pgbison would copy the file there, ISTM that pgbison must
have filed. Did you not get a warning output from that one earlier in
your build?

//Magnus