Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis Gasparin
Subject Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout ha scritto:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 11:12:19AM +0100, Bruce McAlister wrote:
I just want to verify that I understand you correctly here, do you mean
that the temporary table is created by specific sql, for example, create
temp table, then perform some actions on that temp table, then, either
you remove the temp table, or, if you close the session/connection the
postmaster will clean up the temp table? What happens if you're using
connection pools, i mean are those sessions deemed "closed" after the
queries complete, when the pool connections are persistent.
Yes, the temp table is private to the session and will be removed once
the session closes, if not sooner. As for connection pools, IIRC there
is a RESET SESSION command which should also get rid of the temporary
tables.
RESET SESSION command is available only in 8.2 branch, isn't it?
I tried to issue the command in a 8.1 server and the answer was: ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "session"

Is there available a patch for the 8.1 version of postgresql?

Thank you,
Denis