Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce McAlister
Subject Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question
Date
Re: AutoVacuum Behaviour Question  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> All the values here look OK, except one:
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 07:50:36AM +0100, Bruce McAlister wrote:
>> blueface-crm=# select oid, relfrozenxid from pg_class where relkind in
>> ('r', 't');
>>    oid   | relfrozenxid
>> ---------+--------------
>>  2570051 |   2947120794
>
> Whatever this table is, the freeze XID isn't getting updated for some
> reason...
>
> Have a nice day,

This looks like a temporary relation,

temp4295                   |   2947120794

Is there a way we can manually force these to update?

Which brings me onto a possibly related question. I've noticed that in
this particular database, that there are temporary tables that are
created. I'm not 100% sure how/why these temporary tables are being
created, but I do assume that it must be by some sort of SQL query that
runs against the database. How does postgresql handle these temporary
tables, i mean, if a temporary table is created by some sql query, is it
up to the user performing the query to remove the temporary table
afterwards, or does postgresql automagically remove the temporary table
when the query completes?