Re: Export/import issue/question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Karl Wright
Subject Re: Export/import issue/question
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> Karl Wright <kwright@metacarta.com> writes:
>> But, I get the following error:
>> pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file toc.dat in tar
>> archive
>
> Could we see "pg_restore -l" output for that dump file?
>
> This looks a bit like some bugs we've seen before, eg,
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-10/msg00263.php
> but the particular cause of that one wouldn't apply to a 7.4
> dump file.
>
>             regards, tom lane

You could, if I could get it.

When I do this:

pg_restore -l

it just hangs.  No CPU usage, no disk usage - just sits there.

When I do this:

pg_restore -l --file dbsnapshot

... same thing.

When I supply database credentials via -U and -W, then it simply displays:

pg_restore: [tar archiver] could not find header for file toc.dat in tar
archive

Not very helpful, I know.  Any other ideas?

Karl