Re: JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: JOIN
Date
List pgsql-sql
Loredana Curugiu wrote:
>>> So  I have the following query:>>

>> [snip]

>> You don't actually say what's wrong. What are you expecting as output?
>

> I am trying to say that sum column it is not calculated correctly.

But you're not saying what you think the figure(s) should be.

There's two possibilities:
1. SUM() has a bug and can't add up numbers. Unlikely
2. The INNER JOIN isn't working as you think it should. This seems more
likely.

Try the query without totalling, just to see what matches you're getting.

> Oh, and your "date" column isn't - it's a timestamp with time-zone. That
>> might or might not cause confusion with daylight-saving-times.
>

> Yes, I am working with timestamp with time zone .

You're happy that daylight-saving adjustments aren't causing any
problems with your timezone settings then?

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd