Re: BUG #17483: postgres_fdw used with text to_tsvector and custom search configuration - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17483: postgres_fdw used with text to_tsvector and custom search configuration
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
>> I have an issue with the evaluation of to_tsvector and custom search
>> configuration through foreign data wrapper (from PG to PG).

> The other thing you're running into is that if the text search
> config isn't defined in the pg_catalog schema, it's not visible
> in the restricted search path that the remote session will use.
> The query shipped to the far end should handle that by writing
> "'public.custom_search'::regconfig", but it evidently doesn't ---
> that feels like a bug, indeed.

FYI, I've now pushed a fix for that problem; it'll be in the
August minor releases.

Also, beginning in v16, it'll be necessary to ensure that any
custom TS configuration you want to use this way belongs to
an extension that the foreign server considers "shippable"
(see postgres_fdw documentation).  We won't enforce that in
existing branches, though.

            regards, tom lane