Re: slow query execution - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bart Degryse
Subject Re: slow query execution
Date
List pgsql-sql
Am I right in assuming that you're working on a VB application with a ListView AxtiveX Control in it?
If so consider putting the value of the ID field of your table in the Tag Property of each item in your listview.
By looping over all items in your listview you can then check the property for certain values and adjust other properties as required (eg highlight them).
Alternatively if you're working with ado you can store the records bookmark in the tag property. That's particulary handy when you want
to look up information in a recordset when clicking on an item in the listview.

>>> Trigve Siver <trigves@yahoo.com> 2007-05-30 21:11 >>>

I need to perform search on some query (which is already shown in Listview control) and
highlight items that meet search criteria.

thanks

Trigve

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster