problems with SELECT query results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joshua
Subject problems with SELECT query results
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I am new to this list and have been working with PostgreSQL since January.

Here is my problem, I hope someone here has some experience or can point
me in the right direction. I am writing the following query for a C#
program I am writing:

SELECT 'PV.LINEITEM:' || partnum || ',' || round(onhand) || ',' ||
round(qm5) || ',' || round(lsm4) || ',' || ',' || ',' || round(onorder)
|| ',' || ',' || ',' || binone || ',' || ',' || round(backorderqty) ||
',' || ',' || round(onhold) || ',' || ',' || ',' || ',' || ',' || ',' ||
',' || round(qtyperjob) || ',' || round(ordermax) AS gmrim FROM slparts
WHERE vendor LIKE 'CH%'

The query does work and I am getting results from the database. There
are values for all 'partnum' in the database, however, the query results
include blank fields here and there in between the returned records. Why
am I receiving blank fields for 'gmrim'???? This absolutely defies logic
and I cannot find any rhyme or reason for this problem. I cannot have
any blank rows in the query, and again the database is completely
populated with values.

Could someone give me an explanation or tell me why I am receiving blank
rows here and there as a query result. If you need further clarification
of this problem or have any questions for me to arrive at a conclusion
please feel free to send them to me and I will be more than happy to
open a dialog in order to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Cordially,
Joshua Neil