Re: Tsearch2: upgrading from postgres 8.1.x to 8.2.x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Tsearch2: upgrading from postgres 8.1.x to 8.2.x
Date
List pgsql-general
Rick Schumeyer wrote:
> When you say "reconfigure db" does this mean "recreate all your tsearch

Well if you install tsearch2 ahead of time, the restore will take care
of that for you. What we typically do is this:

schema dump
rip out tsearch2
rip out all foreign keys, index creation etc...
take data dump

install tsearch2
restore skeleton schema
restore data dump
restore foreign keys, indexes etc...

I meant more along the lines of possibly having to add dictionaries etc...

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/