How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jeff Lynn
Subject How do you convert PostgreSQL internal binary field to C datatypes
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Does someone out there has some example(s) of converting the
PostgreSQL's internal (network byte order) representation of  float4,
flost8, date, datetime and timestamp into Win32 float, double, CTime or
any Win32 date/time construct under Intel x86 h/w architecture?

Andrew McNamara in previous post suggested that there are answers in the
server source codes.  But for a beginner like me, even though I have
extensive coding experience in C, C++ and Java, such undertaking for a
significant product like PostgreSQL is a bit overwhelming for now.

I really do want to explore the usage of PostgreSQL further!  So any
help will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff,