Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake schrieb:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>
>> This way you can use pg_hba.conf, dedicated system tables or
>> maybe LDAP one day. (or just another postgres database)
>>
>> Does it sound too easy? I hope so :-)
>
> Actually, that sounds bad. PostgreSQL should be the source of its own auth.

Well but this makes it harder to have it play nicely in bigger
environments where you have a natural preference for centralistic
user and permission management. And for people like you you
would just use the file based (e.g. pg_hba.conf) system :-)

Regards
Tino