Re: HOT patches - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zoltan Boszormenyi
Subject Re: HOT patches
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

Pavan Deolasee írta:

> Hi All,
>
> Please see the set of HOT patches, broken down as suggested by
> the community members for easy review. There are 5 patches, they
> should apply cleanly on current CVS HEAD, but have dependencies.
> So one must apply patch1 before applying patch2 and so on. At
> each stage, code compiles and passes regression tests, though
> things like CREATE INDEX and VACUUM may be broken until the
> corresponding patches are applied. [skip]

I tried your patchset on current CVS (some minutes old) and
got this single regression below.

*** ./expected/create_index.out Mon Apr  9 11:35:52 2007
--- ./results/create_index.out  Mon May  7 17:08:45 2007
***************
*** 415,420 ****
--- 415,421 ----
   f2     | text |
      "concur_index2" UNIQUE, btree (f1)
+     "concur_index3" UNIQUE, btree (f2) INVALID
      "concur_index1" btree (f2, f1)
      "concur_index4" btree (f2) WHERE f1 = 'a'::text
      "concur_index5" btree (f2) WHERE f1 = 'x'::text

I had the same with your v7.0 as well.
It seems the failed indexes aren't cleaned up properly,
this is in both expected/create_index.out and results/create_index.out:

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX CONCURRENTLY concur_index3 ON concur_heap(f2);
ERROR:  could not create unique index
DETAIL:  Table contains duplicated values.

Do you build and run the regression tests on single-core single-CPU
machine or on SMP? I got the above on an Athlon64 X2.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Zoltán Böszörményi