Re: Problems with PGOPTIONS - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with PGOPTIONS
Date
List pgsql-admin
Andre Schubert <andre@km3.de> writes:
> I want to enable the collection of STATS_ROW_LEVEL for special backends
> by setting the environment-variable export PGOPTIONS='-c STATS_ROW_LEVEL=ON'.
> After setting this variable i cant connect to my database.
> Everytime the following error occurs:

> Connection to database 'mydb' failed.
> FATAL 1:  permission denied

You cannot alter stats_row_level unless you're a superuser (and I think
even that exception doesn't work for PGOPTIONS, because it's processed
before the backend has determined whether you are a superuser).  You'd
get the same error if you tried

regression=> set STATS_ROW_LEVEL = on;
ERROR:  'stats_row_level': permission denied

            regards, tom lane