Re: Build-Problem with pgc.c on OSX 10.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject Re: Build-Problem with pgc.c on OSX 10.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Ah, it seems the SVN repo just got its first user ;-)  Congratulations.
>>> Ask Joshua to send you a Command Prompt tee shirt, maybe he is excited
>>> enough.
>> I hope the fact that I use the SVN repo just to get the changes into
>> git doesn't reduce my chances of getting that t-shirt ;-)
>
> Hum, why don't you just use the CVS directly then?  That'd avoid this
> sort of infelicities.

git-cvsimport didn't work for me - neither with the main CVS repo, nor
with a rsync'ed copy.
It complained about all sorts of problems - I don't have enough CVS knowhow
to judge if those were actual problems with the repo, or just deficiencies
of git-cvsimport. Plus I didn't find a way to import the current version of
HEAD as one revision, any only go incrementally from there. It always wanted
to mirror the whole history stores in the CVS in my git repo, which is
overkill.

For SVN, there is git-svn, which does just what I want - I started with some
revision a few days ago, and it just incrementally imports updates from there
into a special branch of my git repo, and doesn't care about what happened
before that revision.

It's all not perfect, but I think for me it works better than just doing my
changes in a CVS checkout.

greetings, Florian Pflug