Do I need serializable for this query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From William Garrison
Subject Do I need serializable for this query?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a table that keeps running totals.  It is possible that this
would get called twice simultaneously for the same UserID.  Do I need to
put this in a serializable transaction?  Since this gets called often,
could it be a performance problem if I make it serializable?

CREATE FUNCTION UpdateTotals(IN UserID int,
                              IN AddToCount int,
                              IN AddToSize bigint)
RETURNS void AS $$
BEGIN