Problem with copying data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Klaas Dellschaft
Subject Problem with copying data
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm currently trying to copy two large files (1.6 GB and 3.5 GB) with a
"COPY FROM" into my database. But I'm waiting for the completion of this
job since more than 24h. I'm working under Linux and with "top" I can
see the two processes which should copy the data but most of the time
they are not working. Very seldom they are using some CPU time and then
get idle again.

I already tried restarting the Postgres server and I also restarted
Linux but nothing seems to work. Do you have any hints how I can find
out what's going on there and why the two processes are idle most of the
time?

Thanks,
Klaas