Crash recovery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Silvela
Subject Crash recovery
Date
List pgsql-general
Apologies for the duplication - I've been having email problems.

Jaime Silvela wrote:
> I know you've probably discussed this in many places, but I have a
> crash right now I need to recover from, and I'm not finding
> documentation that fast.
> Where should I go?
>
> Below you can see the log on starting, after a kill -9 of a process
> brought Postgres down.
> After letting postgres run for a while, it seems to have fixed itself,
> and now the log does not suggest any corruption, and I can access it
> locally. However, TCP/IP connections are rejected. Any ideas?
> Is there a page/s with information on quick recovery after corruption?
>
> LOG:  could not create IPv6 socket: Address family not supported by
> protocol
> LOG:  database system was interrupted while in recovery at 2007-04-05
> 08:18:47 EDT
> HINT:  This probably means that some data is corrupted and you will
> have to use the last backup for recovery.

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.  You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of:  (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.