Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au> writes:
>> Is there any way to change the text qualifier in PG
>
> No.  I suppose you could hack the Postgres lexer but you'd break
> pretty much absolutely everything other than your Access code.
>
>> or the case sensitivity?
>
> That could be attacked in a few ways, depending on whether you want
> all text comparisons to be case-insensitive or only some (and if so
> which "some").  But it sounds like MS SQL's backward standards for
> strings vs identifiers has got you nicely locked in, as intended :-(
> so there may be no point in discussing further.

I don't have any case sensitive data - so if sensitivity could be
completely disabled by a parameter somewhere, that would be nice.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator