Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]  (Klint Gore <kg@kgb.une.edu.au>)
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]  (Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Paul Lambert wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au> writes:
>>> Is there any way to change the text qualifier in PG
>>
>> No.  I suppose you could hack the Postgres lexer but you'd break
>> pretty much absolutely everything other than your Access code.
>>
>>> or the case sensitivity?
>>
>> That could be attacked in a few ways, depending on whether you want
>> all text comparisons to be case-insensitive or only some (and if so
>> which "some").  But it sounds like MS SQL's backward standards for
>> strings vs identifiers has got you nicely locked in, as intended :-(
>> so there may be no point in discussing further.
>
> I don't have any case sensitive data - so if sensitivity could be
> completely disabled by a parameter somewhere, that would be nice.

You could preface all your queries with something like:

select * from foo where lower(bar) = lower('qualifer');

But that seems a bit silly.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/