Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date
List pgsql-general
Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> That could be attacked in a few ways, depending on whether you want
>> all text comparisons to be case-insensitive or only some (and if so
>> which "some").

> I don't have any case sensitive data - so if sensitivity could be
> completely disabled by a parameter somewhere, that would be nice.

If you are certain of that, the best way would be to initdb in a
case-insensitive locale setting.  My locale-fu is insufficient to
tell you exactly how to create a case-insensitive locale if you
haven't got one already, but I believe it is possible.  One note
is to be sure that the locale uses the character encoding you want
to use.

            regards, tom lane