Re: PGSQL with high number of database rows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PGSQL with high number of database rows?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Perrett wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I am possibly looking to use PSGSQL in a project I am working on for a very
> large client. The upshot of this is the throughput of data will be pretty
> massive, around 20,000 new rows in one of the tables per day. We also have to
> keep this data online for a set period so after 5 or 6 weeks it could have
> nearly a million rows.
>
> Are there any implications with possibly doing this? will PG handle it? Are
> there realworld systems using PG that have a massive amount of data in them?

In all honesty that's really not that big. There are systems out there
with database sizes in the multiple terabyte range with billions of rows.

A few million shouldn't cause you any issues, unless they're
exceptionally wide.

Regards, Dave.