Re: psql COPY with JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Murphy
Subject Re: psql COPY with JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> I have a patched version of the JDBC driver which appears to work.
> However I built a wrapper round it to make it even easier to use, to
> make it more like pure a JDBC prepared statement - I'll gladly send
> you this.

Does anyone have a patched version of the 8.2 JDBC3 driver that can do COPY?

Also: I haven't seen evidence of a JDBC prepared statement approach for
8.2's multiple-row INSERTs (using multiple VALUES arguments).  Does such
a beast exist, or will it?

Also: what exactly does the PostgreSQL driver do with INSERTs that are
batched with addBatch?  I must confess I haven't tried this yet.

I would really love it if there were an officially supported fast way to
do bulk inserts with the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.  JDBC hackers, you will
be rewarded by my great joy and enthusiastic praise if you work on this ;-)

Our application uses Lucene in combination with PostgreSQL, and we often
need to take a few tens or hundreds of thousands of record IDs from the
Lucene side and do something with them in PostgreSQL.  I'd love to use
tsearch2, but our text database is not transactional, so Lucene totally
kicks tsearch2's butt, performance-wise (even with the new GIN index).

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy