Re: seg regression failures - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: seg regression failures
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> contrib/seg fails regression tests on my msvc build (reason Ididn't notice
> earlier is probably that you couldn't run contribcheck on the vcbuild).
> regression.diff attached.
>
> Anybody see a smoking gun? I don't really know what seg is supposed to be
> doing, so I don't know where to start.
>
> (had to send this to -patches, because -hackers denied the attachment..)

[snip]

I think I would have put the diff up somewhere on a web site, although i
guess this way we have a record of it.

Anyway, I think you probably need to load up the old debugger  and put a
break point in the overlap function ... surely the error can't be in
float4in or else we'd have seen other regression problems.

cheers

andrew