HOT WIP Patch - Version 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject HOT WIP Patch - Version 5.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The version 5.0 of HOT WIP patch is posted on pgsql-patches. This
fixes the VACUUM FULL issue with HOT. In all the earlier versions,
I'd disabled VACUUM FULL.

When we move the HOT-chain, we move the chains but don't carry
the HOT_UPDATED or HEAP_ONLY flags and insert as many index
entries as there are tuples in the chain. IOW the HOT-update
is actually turned into a COLD chain.

Apart from this, I'd to make some changes to the VACUUM FULL
code so that the number of indexed tuples is counted
correctly. With HOT, whenever a HEAP_ONLY tuple is moved, an
additional index entry is generated and this needs to be
taken into account.

Please let me know comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB        http://www.enterprisedb.com