Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/11/21 10:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Well, plr.h does this:
>>>
>>> #define WARNING        19
>>> #define ERROR        20
>
>> The coding pattern in plr.h looks quite breakable.

Meh -- that code has gone 18+ years before breaking.

> Indeed.  elog.h already provides a "PGERROR" macro to use for restoring
> the value of ERROR.  We have not heard of a need to do anything special
> for WARNING though --- maybe that's R-specific?

R also defines WARNING in its headers. If I remember correctly there are (or at
least were, it *has* been 18+ years since I looked at this particular thing)
some odd differences in the R headers under Windows and Linux.

In any case we would be happy to use "PGERROR".

Would an equivalent "PGWARNING" be something we are open to adding and
back-patching?

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com