Re: Postgres Database size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: Postgres Database size
Date
List pgsql-general
Mageshwaran schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> how to find the size of a particular database in postgres...

You look there:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/storage-file-layout.html

and use OS commands to calculate space used on disk (e.g. du)

> please do reply

Well, thats a mailinglist, why wouldn't we reply? ;)

> Regards
> J Mageshwaran
> DBA
>

> ********** DISCLAIMER **********
> Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
> Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
> which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is
> a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent
> with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
> recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible
> for delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are notified
> that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or
> dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is
> please delete this mail & notify us immediately at admin@sifycorp.com
>

> Complete Coverage of the ICC World Cup '07! Log on to www.sify.com/khel
> for latest updates, expert columns, schedule, desktop scorecard, photo
> galleries and more!
>
> Watch the hottest videos from Bollywood, Fashion, News and more only on
> www.sifymax.com
>
> For the Expert view of the ICC World Cup log on to www.sify.com/khel.
> Read exclusive interviews with Sachin, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Sreesanth,
> Expert Columns by Gavaskar, Web chat with Dhoni and more! .

You should configure your mail program to avoid such excessive
footer especially with silly disclaimers at least when you post to
mailing lists or other sane people.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain