tsearch_core for inclusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject tsearch_core for inclusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Last try there was a fight about syntax of introduced commands. And we (Oleg and
me) developed variant of patch with another syntax. We will not change docs
until agreement will be reached, current version
http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/

Following demonstrates subset of FTS syntax using example from
http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/fts-complete-tut.html.

Syntax which was proposed:
begin;
CREATE FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION public.pg ( LOCALE = 'ru_RU.UTF-8' ) LIKE english
WITH MAP;
CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY pg_dict ( OPT = 'pg_dict.txt' ) LIKE synonym;
CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_ispell
( OPT = 'DictFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.dict",
AffFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.aff",
StopFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.stop"'
) LIKE ispell_template;
ALTER FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_stem SET
OPT='/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.stop';
ALTER FULLTEXT MAPPING ON pg FOR lword,lhword,lpart_hword                             WITH pg_dict,en_ispell,en_stem;
DROP FULLTEXT MAPPING ON pg FOR email, url, sfloat, uri, float;
end;
Patch is http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/tsearch_core-0.38.gz

Making above FTS syntax as Peter suggested, we removed unnecessary parenthesis,
equal sign, OPT becomes OPTION.
begin;
CREATE FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION public.pg  LOCALE  'ru_RU.UTF-8' LIKE english WITH MAP;
CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY pg_dict OPTION 'pg_dict.txt'  LIKE synonym;
CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_ispell
OPTION 'DictFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.dict",
AffFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.aff",
StopFile="/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/english-utf8.stop"'
LIKE ispell_template;
ALTER FULLTEXT DICTIONARY en_stem SET OPTION '/usr/local/share/dicts/ispell/engl
ish-utf8.stop';
ALTER FULLTEXT MAPPING ON pg FOR lword,lhword,lpart_hword                             WITH pg_dict,en_ispell,en_stem;
DROP FULLTEXT MAPPING ON pg FOR email, url, sfloat, uri, float;
end;
Patch is http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/tsearch_core-0.38.1.gz

Comparing that syntaxes with current tsearch2 is placed at
http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/fts-syntax-compare.html

So, which is syntax more attractive? And is there some another objections?

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/