Re: msvc failure in largeobject regression test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: msvc failure in largeobject regression test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:39:23AM -0800, Jeremy Drake wrote:

>>> Bingo!
>>>
>>> That's it. I copeid the file in binary mode from a linux box and now it
>>> passes.
>>>
>> I thought about that when I wrote it, and thus tried it under mingw and
>> cygwin without issue ;)  I don't think the regression tests were in a
>> position of running on the msvc build at the time...  My thought for what
>> to do if this did run into a problem would be an alternate output file
>> that is also acceptable (I don't know what they're called but other tests
>> have them IIRC).
>>
> Either that, or we require a checkout using Unix style linefeeds. I've
> confirmed that removing the file and checking it back out with "cvs --lf
> update tenk.data" works - tests pass fine.
>
> Yet another option might be to flag that file as binary in cvs, in which
> case I think cvsnt shouldn't go mess with it.

I have just run into this today while trying to get buildfarm working
for MSVC. After some consideration I think an alternative result file is
the best solution. I have looked at switches for cnsnt, but they are
likely to be fragile at best.

cheers

andrew