Re: user-defined tree methods in GIST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: user-defined tree methods in GIST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I need some help in building new index structure using GIST.
>  I have to include a procedure for restructuring the tree immediately
> after i have created the index using gist. How do i do it?

IMHO, you don't have a chance to do it without patching postgres or developing
your own low-level function.

Try to play with SP-GiST (http://www.cs.purdue.edu/spgist/). SP-GiST is a
modification of GiST for Space Partitioning Trees. But they patch will not work
with 8.2 and up because of lack of concurrency. 8.2 doesn't support indexes
without concurrency.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/