Refreshing Objects when their SQL-Script is copied into new SQL Window - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject Refreshing Objects when their SQL-Script is copied into new SQL Window
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

When debugging plpgsql functions, I usually click on the
function I want to edit, and then on the SQL Icon. This
opens a new SQL Window, with the "CREATE FUNCTION.."
Statement already filled on. If I now change the function,
hit F5, close the window, and reopen it, I see the
old version of the function. This leads to accidentally
reverting your own changes, if you forget to hit "refresh"
_before_ reopening the window.

Would a patch that always refreshes an object before
opening a SQL-Window that would contain it's create
statement be accepted?

greetings, Florian Pflug