Re: Interface to posgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: Interface to posgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
emoazzam@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks Shane, I appreciate your help.
> I have installed postgresql on windows and there is no /urs/lib and
 > /urs/include folder in this installation. Can you please tell me
 > why is that and what is the difference in the windwos and
 > linux intallations

With windows the include files and libraries are an optional extra.

I think the older installer was setup a bit different - you may need to
select custom install. When you get to install options you will find
Development at the bottom of the list, here you can select to have the
include files and libraries installed.

You will find them in the same folder as the other files installed.
This is in normally C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x