Re: Patch license update to developer's FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Patch license update to developer's FAQ
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> Well, if we want to guard against that, we will have to be explicit
>>> about it because the old wording didn't address this directly.
>> The wording you just posted up thread seemed to...
>
> The issue is that people with those signatures don't think they are
> submitting under a non-BSD license.  I thought you were saying we need
> to address that directly.

Oh, I just meant that when *new* people signup they are made aware of
the predetermined policy based on joining the group. That way there is
zero confusion because when they went to the website and signed up, we
made the point of the BSD license, and when they were welcomed (the
first email they get from the list software) it told them again.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/