Re: SE-Linux/PostgreSQL work? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: SE-Linux/PostgreSQL work?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm chasing a rumor that someone is working on integrating PostgreSQL with
> the SELinux security framework.   Anyone know anything about this?

I'm currently working on integration PostgreSQL with SELinux security framework.
It was named as SE-PostgreSQL.
Thanks for your interest.

It will provide finer grained mandatory access control on the various kinds of
database objects including columns, tuples and binary large objects, based on
the security policy of SELinux. Any clients cannot bypass this access control,
even if they are privileged database users.

Now, I have a plan to release the first alpha version of SE-PostgreSQL within
this week, to get any feedbacks from PostgreSQL/SELinux community.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>