Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:50, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> You know, you can prune what is rsynced.
>>

> I am not sure why you brought this up, but yes I did know this.

Well I thought it might be useful to prune that directory you were
having trouble with. But we have apparently fixed the problem.

>> my rsync line looks like this:
>>
>>   rsync -avzCH --delete --exclude-from=/home/cvsmirror/pg-exclude
>> anoncvs.postgresql.org::pgsql-cvs /home/cvsmirror/pg
>>
>> and the exclude file has these four lines:
>>
>>   /sup/
>>   /CVSROOT/loginfo*
>>   /CVSROOT/commitinfo*
>>   /CVSROOT/config*
>>

> This setup prunes 1.25MB.
>
> Are you suggesting that I prune this from the conversion?

You  don't need /sup/ for the conversion, I believe - isn't that just
there for cvsup support? Of course, 1.25Mb is fairly small in a 341Mb
repo, but every bit helps I guess.

cheers

andrew