Re: Simple Column reordering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Simple Column reordering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> For my part, I continue to the interested in this proposal and would like to
> see some performance benchmarks on it.  If there is enough performance gain,
> I think it would be possible to implement a "logical" order which was
> different from the "physical" order.  Such a feature would also allow us to
> give the MySQLites the ability to re-order columns they keep asking for.

That is indeed what has been proposed (see earlier discussion re Tom's 3
numbers idea). Simon's proposal would not have done that, however, but
would simply have mutated the (single physical+logical) column order.

Anyway, I think we're all (or mostly all) on the same page now.

cheers

andrew