Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: SCMS question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Saturday 24 February 2007 00:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, git still does not support windows properly[1], which I would say
>> is a killer... Unless you can of course to everything you need through
>> one of those frontend protocols, but if you can do everything that way
>> then why would you need git in the first place?
>>

> You might be able to get the cvs functionality. That's not necessarily
> everything you could have, but it means that you can operate without losing
> functionality for some developers while increasing functionality for a number
> of developers. I think would be a pretty good thing.

I would not be at all happy with making such a compromise. Proper
support for all the platforms we build on is an absolute prequisite, as
far as I am concerned. I'm not prepared to treat Windows as a
second-class citizen.

I also think that if we change to another SCM it should be something in
widespread use in FOSS systems - ideally also something supported
already in many distributions.

As I said earlier, there is no hurry.

cheers

andrew