Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: conversion efforts (Re: SCMS question)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Saturday 24 February 2007 00:24, Warren Turkal wrote:
>> The interesting thing about Git is that is has two way sync support for a
>> SVN repository also. You could run a Git repository pushing changes in real
>> time to a SVN repository and present a CVS frontend also. I would like to
>> try converting the CVS repository of PostgreSQL to Git and try setting some
>> of this stuff up. Does anyone know how I could get the CVS repository
>> files?
>
> As a followup, the cvs2svn conversion says the following.
>
> Error summary:
> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in
'../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.newstyle,v'
> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in
'../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/ApachePg.pl,v'
> ERROR: Multiple definitions of the symbol 'creation' in
'../pgsql-cvs/cvsroot/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5/Attic/test.pl.oldstyle,v'
> Exited due to fatal error(s).
>
> I do believe that the files are actually malformed. If anyone knows
> how to modify them such that they are valid, please let me know. I
> have just deleted them since they are in an Attic directory.

When I do the conversion every four hours, I remove the perl5 directory.
This is what the converted tree looks like:

http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/